January 15, 2012

January 14 - Victoria Park today

You will see that I am submitting three posts in one day; it is because I wasn't able to get to a computer until this moment to download the pictures in my camera. (I'm going to see about changing the settings on my smart phone so I can upload and blog on the run.)
This photo is of Victoria Park from 11th Avenue and Lorne Street.  City Council (why, I will never know) decided to change the free-flowing traffic in the downtown core to create a 'festival place' beside Victoria Park. They promised they would have traffic going down 11th once it was completed. They said it would be done in a year.
Well, after spending millions of dollars, this is what we got. Metal structures that look like the fence of a concentration camp. The lamp poles look like light sabres out of Star Wars. No one goes downtown because the traffic is so screwed. And no one goes to the festival place to hang out. (Do you see anyone in that picture? It was taken at 4 p.m. on a Saturday afternoon when the temperature was -5C [that's warm for Regina in January.])
What a colossal waste of money. I hope people remember that when it comes time to the election. Wasting that much money during tough economic times is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment